View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Our team is fine for the regular season. We need someone who is a game changer that can help us in the post season when it really matters, when the games are tougher, Mueller, Sykora, Kostisyn, hagelin, guys like them are fine regular season players and probably will help our goal scoring cheaper than someone like Nash. However, Nash is the game changer (or someone like him) that this team needs in order to win a Stanley Cup. because you need someone with pure talent to take all the heat off Gaborik to do it all by himself. JMO

I understand where your coming from, tried to address my concern with Nash and the playoffs last time you mentioned this.

We just don't know how he will produce in the playoffs, he is 28 with little playoff experience.

This is what both Sykora and Kostisyn, actually have that Nash does not have, and that is Playoff Experience and Success, even Hagelin has more playoff experience then Nash. Hell Kreider has never played a regular season game, and he already brings more playoff experience then Nash.

All we can judge Nash by is regular season contribution, if we are looking for playoff help he is the wrong direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Mueller is a reclammation project, you know that right?
Nothing wrong with low risk high reward on the third line, worst case scenario we are back to square one. That is the big difference between a FA and a trade, if a trade giving up multiple assets doesnt work, it can screw up everything. No giving up top 6 players in a trade, again this is just my preference.