View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
I wouldn't aggresively pursue it, but later in the summer if we have some room and he's available for nothing it might be worth a gamble.

If we could get him on what I suggested, or even better, a deal like what Boyes signed with NYI.. I'd probably do it. It would inject some nice skill in the top six.
Oh for sure, I really like that idea. Just don't know if I would be so on board that I'd want to demote/waive Gomez to do it.

One thing that needs to be remembered, if Gomez goes down it's almost a guarantee he won't pass through re-entry waivers if they try.

He's pretty bad, but in a new situation at a salary of 3.675 (and 2.75/2.25 real dollars) for the next 2 years I think there will be quite a few teams who will put in a claim on him. So you have to think if he goes down for the season, unless the team is okay with that 3.675 cap hit for whatever is left of the season and another one than he'll stay down.

If you really thought about it, and looked at what Gomez brings to the table compared with his negative aspects he could be an asset to a team. Just not at 7.35.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote