Thread: Value of: Franson To Wings
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Am I the only one that realizes that the Leafs can't afford to trade an NHL defenceman without getting one back?

Yes, they signed Korbinian Holzer to a 1-way deal, but that's to be the #7 defenceman. They just lost Luke Schenn, have Jake Gardiner who could quite easily suffer a sophmore slump, have Komisarek who's struggled his entire time as a Leaf, and Liles who didn't look great after returning from a concussion.

I'm not saying that trading Franson should be out of consideration... but if they do, they've gotta have a defenceman who can play at least 4/5 minutes coming back the other way (or in another deal).
There are a few posters including myself who also realize the Leafs can`t just trade Franson without another dman entering the picture.

The organization losing both Schenn and Aulie within a 6 month period has suddenly made us rather weak at NHL ready level dmen.

As early as January but probably more like the start of 2013 season we could be deep again and afford to trade off Franson because at least one of Blacker, Percy, Rielly should be NHL ready.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote