Thread: Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Yeah, that's when he came back and got the errant and accidental elbow from Krejci. Something that happens many times during any hockey game at nearly any level.

But that's beside the point. You proposed that Crosby didn't have concussion problems. He does. And there was even speculation about his possible retirement during those 11 months. Though those rumors were clearly unfounded.

All i'm saying is, this signing is as low-risk as it gets. It's only one year, so even if Mueller gets some sort of injury or doesn't return to form, he was simply a placeholder for some of the prospects who are thinking about making the jump but might stay out of the pro game for one more year (Bjugstad, for example).

Had we signed him for, say, 3 years, then i'd be worried because if he doesn't put up some points, then we're stuck with him until his contract runs out. Low risk, high reward.
It's a risky move signing Mueller. He could easily play less than 20 games. If we lose him, we don't have the offensive depth to pick up the slack. We're hoping he stays healthy, which is betting against his track record. He has a fragile brain and a history of concussion problems. I hope he plays 80 and puts up 25 goals. Something he is certainly capable of.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote