View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Tell me then, what are we supposed to use to measure the effectiveness? I think a combination of 10th best shots allowed, 21st save percentage, and 12th worst opposing save percentage paints a fairly clear picture of the problems this team had last year - one that matches the team I saw.

Perhaps you can enlighten me where the declarative statement originates from. How many Ducks games did you watch? What is your basis for claiming that, exactly?
I don't keep track of how many opposing team games I watch. Would my argument would carry more weight if I said I watched every single one?

The Ducks' GA numbers were indicative of the defense that I saw whenever I saw them play, and the make-up of their blueline. But you clearly have a different opinion. Time will tell whether the Ducks defense has what it takes in the coming years.

Quote:
This is a straw man. I didn't say that penciling him into the line-up is what should be done. I didn't even imply that was what was happening. I said that our team feels he's ready to compete for a spot. Few prospects in our pool have been granted that sort of confidence. For instance, I think our team is more interested in Wellinski competing for a spot at the U-20 camp this summer than they are for him to compete for a spot on the Ducks. The only two defensemen in recent memory that were encouraged that way were Fowler and Schultz.
It's no straw man. You found it funny when I said he was likely years away, which presumably means you have expectations of him making the roster sooner.

And frankly, it's no surprise that a guy whose highest level of competition to date is the USHL isn't being encouraged to fight for an NHL roster spot.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote