Thread: Proposal: Tor-Det
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
wingz rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
What do you mean no guarantee of them maintaining chemistry? They've played together for the better part of 2 years and been good at it. Unless the Leafs have a upgrade coming on the blueline, Gunnarsson goes nowhere. Simple as that.

I keep saying Kulemin has scored 30 goals in this league because he has. Do I expect him to this year? no. I expect him to be at that 20-25 range with solid defensive play. That's exactly what the Leafs need on their 2nd line.

Filppula may get 60-70 points playing on Toronto's top line, or he may fold under the pressure of playing outside of Zetterberg/Datsyuk's shadow. We don't know that, but what we do know, is that he isn't the answer to making that line effective. In case you didn't watch the Leafs last year, that line had no problem scoring goals, the problem was keeping them out because they spent so little time in the offensive zone. Filppula isn't big enough or strong enough on the puck to fix that, so while he may be better in the takeaway department, it really doesn't matter when you're playing 5on3 in your own zone regardless.
Um Gunnar played with schenn for the most part and 2 years ago it was Phaneuf and Aulie....

If filppula doesn't work out as your center for whatever reason he still can provide what you want for your description of a second line winger. Filppula has wanted more ice time and is a reliable center, its just in previous years he's centered mediocre players. Kessel and Lupul are a large improvement to his wingers 2 years ago. Also Filppula has played on 5v3 penalty kills for the wings. Anyhow seems you don't like the deal oh well.

Last edited by wingz rule: 07-11-2012 at 10:22 PM.
wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote