View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
I think on a site like HFBoards where cap space and potential are valued more than accomplishments and veteran players, the Habs can get a bit underrated. They're certainly not overrated. What I think makes them a unique team from the rest of the league is the question marks. We've seen with this group the last 2-3 years that it's very easy for them to be a fantastic team, or an awful team. Hell, even last year we saw glimpses of a good team.

So much of the Habs hinges on the health of key players, and a strong powerplay. Unfortunately, both of those things are tied to Markov, and a big shot for him to feed.

All of the problems that we had back in the days we relied on Markov anchoring the team (smaller sized weak wingers, soft bottom six) are no longer problems. The forward group is big, fast, and agressive. So, by logic, now that the problems we have in '09 and '10 are gone, as long as Markov is back to himself, the Habs should be too.
For sure man. Plus from 09/10 look how far along Subban, Price and Pacioretty have come. Not to mention the emergence of Desharnais.

The most exciting thing about this team is that we could very well see Price will the team to a playoff spot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had his best season yet. Even better than 2010/2011.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote