View Single Post
Old
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Whydidijoin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
It definitely does but not much according to your fan base
The difference between Filppula and Kulemin imo was greater than the difference between Quincey and Gunnarsson
I assumed he was since he was part of LACK (or LCK now i guess)
And from what i saw off capgeek your bottom 6 looked weak my bad
I don't see much difference between Filppula and Kulemin honestly, except perhaps that Filppula has done it longer and is therefore a bit more proven. Right now, it would be buying Filppula high and selling Kulemin low, which doesn't really make sense. Either way, he is not a number 1 center, and we really don't have any room for him otherwise.

LACK has kind of just become a mob mentality thing around here. Nobody ever really looks at the player or situation. They just assume they are bad because everybody says so. Losing Lombardi wouldn't really hurt, but adding him as negative value to a trade doesn't really make sense, since his contract expires after this year and after an offseason where he can actually train, he may regain enough of his form to allow us to gain assets from trading him later on in the year.

With such an overload of forwards, we will likely have some 2nd-line capable forwards on the 3rd line. Colborne, Kadri, and Frattin are also trying for the top-9 and Komarov is trying for the 4th, and our centers are already set with McClement and Steckel.

It wasn't a terrible try. The value may be there, or close. It just doesn't really make sense for us, that's all.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote