View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Considering that there can only be 30 goalies that can be called "starting goaltenders," placing 13th out of 30 goalies, is just a bit better than average playing on one of the best teams in the league.

Luongo isn't worth the assets it would cost to get him.

Way I see next year going:

A) Carlyle is magic and gets his system in place from Game 1 and the Leafs are in the hunt for the playoffs and likely end up anywhere from 6-9.

B) Leafs fail and fail hard and in that case...Welcome to Toronto ______ (highly touted prospect).

I don't see an in between because either both the defense and goaltending are good and it all works out or one of the aspects aren't good and they fail mid way through the season much like they did this past season.

Leafs were going at about .540+ while getting terrible goaltending. It would have been something if they had gotten in
Some teams split 2 goalies evenly all year though (St. Louis), some teams had a goalie that took over the starting role as the season went on (Edmonton) and some teams had injuries to their starting goalie for some of the season (Minny) adding a 2nd goalie who played a lot of games. Of the list for the ranking of goalies being refereed to throughout these posts, I think 2 goalies would be removed, Schneider, the guy now outplaying Luongo in Vancouver and one of St. Louis' goalies if you want to go by only 30 starting goalies in the league.