Thread: Jason Ward
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 02:14 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
We don't have a second line right winger, until Ward gets back.

When Gainey speaks of wanting to evaluate the team before making any move, I think he's speaking in reference to Mr. Ward. Gainey is smart enough to realize that Ward has played well at every level. He owns everything Bob looks for in a player. We constantly see these reports from media outlets such as RDS, where Gainey is courting a talented body with size. Hello? Do they forget that we have the AHL's MVP on the injured list? Who gives a flying Richer whether or not he can skate, or that Anson Carter and Mark Parrish may be available, look at Ward and tell me he doesn't want to play.

Let's forget about his horrid skating style, his label as a underachiever, or the fact that he's 23-years-old. You can't deny his talent. I love Ryder as much as the rest of you, but if he, who came from the depths of the ECHL, is given such a golden oppurtunity, than goddammit I can't wait to see Wardo doing the exact same thing.

We know he can provide energy, penalty killing abilities, and some toughness, but that's only because noone has given him a chance, yet.

There's nothing Ward does that will negatively affect our team. He's only a positive.