View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
artilector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccap24 View Post
This is in response to someones post a few pages back complaining that the Caps have no depth on D. I think right now the Caps do have pretty good depth on defense. I know everyone in here hates Schultz, but he, Erskine, and Hillen are all at least legit bottom pairing NHL dmen. Our 7-8 dmen are legit defenseman. That is pretty decent depth, especially if you look around at other teams so called D "depth." Now, we probably need another top 6 dman, but I don't think depth is really the issue right now.
I don't know about that.. what it comes down to is we don't really have a good partner for Green (again). Schultz doesn't quite cut it, Hammer probably shouldn't play big minutes, none of the other guys are good enough (well, I'm assuming Hillen won't set the world on fire..).

So Caps have some depth guys that are not terrible, but there's still a hole they can't quite fill. They have maybe three 6/7 guys, but they don't really have the one 3/4 defensive guy they need.

Though overall, I'm not that concerned about defense compared to offense. Schultz, Green, Orlov, Hammer might yield some goals because of footspeed, brainfart, rookie-error, age issues, but overall I think they're good enough to bend but not break. Thank heavens Wideman is gone..

Offense, on the other hand, is a puzzle that looks pretty challenging...

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote