Thread: Speculation: What happened to sand paper?
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
What happened to sand paper?

Going in to free agency jay feaster stated he wanted to add some sand paper to our bottom 9 but with the resigning of stempniak there is no room for a tough sand paper guy. The 3rd and 4th lines are full:
Bartchi,backlund,stempniak
Comeau,stajan,jackman

I like that 4th line. You have stajan and comeau who can contribute some offence, comeau can also dish out the body along with jackman who is the muscle. However our 3rd line I think is going to be pushed all over the ice. Backlund and Bartchi are going to have some people going after them in games and they have no one to protect them. I was really hoping featser would add someone (like a tootoo) who could protect this two and keep up with them in the offensive zone, this is definitely not what stempniak is. He will probably get pushed around more than the other 2. Bottom line; our 3rd line is way to soft! Every other line has some degree of toughness to it. Iginla Glencross on the 1st and 2nd and comeau and jackman on the 4th. But nobody on the 3rd line. This reason makes the stempniak resigning that much more confusing.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote