Thread: Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 03:57 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Some good, some worrying things about him. I guess he's ok. Best of all: 1 year contract. We'll see.
the one-year contract means there's really nothing to worry about

i love this move. love, love, LOVE. low risk, extremely high reward. mueller had 20 pts in 15 games before getting concussed in 2009. much like fleishmann in colorado, he was starting to break out and it got derailed by injuries.

there's no guarantees he regains form, but we lose nothing in trying. if he comes in, stays healthy and plays well, we just added a 24 year old top-6 forward for cheap. if he gets hurt again, we big him adieu in the offseason. if he stays healthy, i think mueller will be productive. his stats last year werent overwhelming but remember, he was coming back after TWO years away from the game....not one. and still, his stats from last year project to 18g
-23a-41pts over an 82 game schedule. not overwhelming, but not bad either considering the amount of time he missed. its well documented that it took patrice bergeron a full season before he truly regained his form.

anyway, love the move. Mueller and Shane Doan were the two guys I wanted going into free agency...i hope i'm a modern day Nostradamus

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote