View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Duchene doesn't need a 'whole bunch of changes' to come close to 80 points. He needs to improve his shot slightly (go from a 27 goal scorer to a 30-35) and trust his linemates more... that is pretty much it to get to that level. Duchene gets in trouble when he does too much, and that has a lot to do with him not trusting his linemates with the puck. Look at what he did when he had Flash, pre scrambled brain Mueller, and a slightly younger Hejduk on his line at various times. PAP is pretty much an ideal winger for Duchene, and Downie would also be a great fit. A playmaking type that can create space and is good with the puck is what he needs. Players like Jones that can't handle the puck are not a good fit for Duchene at all.

Now if Duchene wants to get to that elite level, he needs to bulk up, be more willing to go into the dirty areas, and really add to his shot. Not sure this happens, but I wouldn't doubt it either.
At this point in his career I think that it takes a pretty special talent to work with Duchene, and PAP is not it. I suspect Semin may be, which is one of the big reasons I want to sign him.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote