View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I agree with a lot of the people saying that we're overrating our prospects.

Odds are that a few of those will never make the NHL.

Galchenyuk I'm really hoping turns into an impact PPG player, but that's being optimistic. Realistically, if I was a betting man, I'd pick someone like Mikko Koivu as a comparable.

Beaulieu - I'm a little disappointed in the comparables for him so far because I've seen little of him and was hoping he was doing well. From the little I've seen, his offensive skills and vision seem to be on another level.
He's more of a boom or bust type of guy, I guess, but I hope to see him and Tinordi as a strong second pairing in the future, with Subban and hopefully a strong two-way defenceman as our first (hopefully a step up from Gorges, who would be on our bottom pairing).

Tinordi - I'm hoping he pans out. Has little offensive game but hoping he can be a solid stay-at-home d-man. I'd be very happy with a Komisarek-type of d-man.

Gallagher - I'm not as high on him as others are, but I think if he makes the NHL, he can be a good 20-50 guy on the second line.

Collberg - Way too early and I have never really seen him play (I don't remember noticing him with Sweden at the WJC). It would be great for him to turn into a top line player with Gally and Patches, but that's not really based on anything much other than the fact that Timmins really likes him.

I don't know much about Ellis, but am very happy with what I've been reading on him thus far. Sounds like he could be an NHL player.

Other than those guys, I'm not sure if anyone else will really have a significant impact for us at the NHL level. Odds are one or two of those guys will bust and one or two not listed will surprise, but it'd be very tough to tell at this point.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote