View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 AM
RKC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Let's get something straight. In an earlier post, I didn't say Pitkänen should be dropped. I said he may end up dropped because Jalonen (if still the coach at the time) may opt to build a team that's as cohesive as possible.

Do I think we can afford to drop Pitkänen because he may not be a 100% Meidän Peli compatible guy? No. Do I think Jalonen may have the stones to pull such a move regardless? Yes.

Leino is definitely a subject of similar debate. Skillwise he needs to be in contention, but as far as team cohesiveness go, he becomes a huge maybe. Of course, he's not nearly as essential as Pitkänen, but our pick of forwards still isn't such an embarassment of riches that one could pass him with a simple shrug.
If Jalonen drops Pitkänen or any other obvious choice from the team, I hope that will be his last act as head coach. Like I said in my previous post, we can't afford to drop top-level guys because they can't fit the game plan. Our material simply is not good enough to do that.

It's impossible to say anything about Leino yet. The guy could explode next season and put up 70 points in Buffalo, or if he doesn't put it together, bought out from his contract and out of the league by 2013-2014.