Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Palushaj 1yr 2way
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I just hate the mindset on this board that if a prospect doesn't have top line potential, he isn't worth spending anytime developing or increasing their trade value. You need all kinds of players to fill an nhl roster, with a lot of different roles. Palushaj has good tools to be a decent top 9 player, but we'll never know if he can if people keep writing him off and if the team doesn't give him a chance to show what he can do.

I agree with KrissE, I hope he gets a chance with Eller.
I think we all want to see our prospects given a chance, especially guys like Palushaj, who are nearing the point where they either make an impact, or don't. But what exactly does 'get a chance with Eller' mean? How much time does he get to prove himself?

A practice?
An exhibition game? Two?
An NHL game? Two? Five? Ten?

How much of a 'chance' does he get before having to show something? At some point, the coaching staff/management is going to stop thinking about Palushaj and start thinking about winning as many NHL games as possible. I also think that 'point' will come a lot sooner for an NHL coach than it will for posters on 'hockey's future' message boards.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote