View Single Post
Old
04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
DaveyCrockett

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Yeah, I've tried putting the ball a bit ahead of my body before slapping it on the fly, but it just doesn't feel right. Guess I'll have to stop before firing it.

Also, I came to my senses and started practicing with a orange ball hockey ball rather than a tennis ball, and my my my, how much easier stickhandling is now.
Ya, almost no one can handle a tennis ball well, it just bounces to much. As you noted earlier, positioning is key. The poke check is more effective in ball hockey than in ice, and the snap shot is much easier especially if you lack wrist strength.

Often the goalies will suck, so shoot from everywhere. It is so much easier to make plays in ball hockey as it seems like you have all the time in the world compared to ice.

The simple moves are the most effective when trying to get around someone. Use your body a lot, like Allison does (notice the connection between Allison's skating and your running speed). I find that bulling in hard and keep your body between the puck and your opponent is a very effective moce.

DaveyCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote