View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
It's always hard to do this kind of thing because no two players are ever alike. Besides that, I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to prospects. In any event.

Tinordi: a blend of Matvichuk and Hatcher from the Dallas days. In effect, a tough, physical shutdown defenceman with leadership. But Tinordi seems to be a better skater than both though not as mean or vicious as either.

Beaulieu: a Hainsey or Sydor or Wideman type of player. But maybe there's a Brian Campbell-ness to him, in that it could take time before he harnesses his supreme skating and offence and develops the ability to impact a game in a way that separates him from the more typical PP defenceman with warts who can still find a home in many teams' top 4.

Galchenyuk: not too much to go on, but possibly a scaled version (given the NHL's expansion) of a franchise playmaker centre like Hawerchuk and Francis. The team's best forward and perennial offensive leader. A player to build around, and who makes players around him better.

Ellis: he makes me think of Rivet with lesser fighting and physical abilities. An honest defenceman who won't cheat on defence and can give some offence from time to time. A reliable but unspectacular player with potential to grow into a leadership role.

That's enough fantasy for now. I'll look through my old hockey cards later and see what other associations spring to mind.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote