View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 12:12 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
I think the last 3 winger spots in the top 9 should go to Frattin, Kadri, and Kulemin [assuming JVR goes back to wing]. Who fits where will be based on what Carlyle wants to do with the Grabo line.

I think both of them really need full time duties in the NHL now. They've done very well in the AHL for a couple seasons now, and I feel its time for them to take the next step. They might struggle early on, but I think it will be better for their development.
I agree that would be a proper use of the talent. I'm not sure Burke is done with the bulking up though. Just adding JVR is not that much by itself nor would be adding a thug as the 12 or 13 forward. Also with the new 3rd line center being "offensively challenged" it will really put downforce on the wingers ability to put up points. I don't have a solution except they probably need to get the young guys playing somewhere and stick with them. If Kadri can actually be effective playing with a 10 goal center then that would be a real achievement.