View Single Post
Old
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Pensfan86

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Yeah, I've tried putting the ball a bit ahead of my body before slapping it on the fly, but it just doesn't feel right. Guess I'll have to stop before firing it.

Also, I came to my senses and started practicing with a orange ball hockey ball rather than a tennis ball, and my my my, how much easier stickhandling is now.

I do have a way to do this...however, it is somewhat difficult to describe and its more of a show kind of thing. Hopefully you are right handed, because I am, and this is how I figured out how to shoot slapshots on the run with some accuracy as well as speed.

Ok, you almost want the ball on your side, not in front of you. Imagine if you stopped to take a shot where hte ball would be, you want it there. If you are a right hander, you want to put all of your weight on your right foot, so you are almost leaning over. So yea, you are basically taking your slapshot, in stride, off of one foot, that being the one of your forehand (so if you are a lefty, shoot off your left foot). Try it a few times, it takes pracitce and the ball will be going everywhere at first, but I am telling you, this is the most effective way of taking a slapshot on the run. Hand positioning on this is something you have to figure out for yourself. I normally just widen my hands slightly and let the momentum from me running carry my shot, not me getting down into a knee bend and trying to crank one out. So to sum this up

-- Put all of your weight on your inside foot when shooting
-- Keep the ball at your side, not in front of you
-- Do not widen your hands as much as you would if you were taking a normal slapshot, instead, let your momentum carry the shot
-- Try it a few times...ok alot of times...because it is weird at first shooting off one foot. You will get it eventually though.

Pensfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote