View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Two years ago their pp was garbage and they went with 4 forwards while leaving Murphy at home in favour of another shut down guy, when they already had a bunch of guys capable of that role already on the team.

I wouldnt spend ten seconds defending KP, and you know more than anyone how bad he has been.

Goaltending has been an issue and we saw that again with them passing on Bunz in favour of what they knew/were comfortable with.

Theyve dropped the ball over and over again.
Considering we were playing in the gold medal game that year and Jake Allen couldn't stop a beach ball, I don't think the overall team choice has been that bad. In 2011 again they go with the same cookie cutter style goalie who is almost identical with Jake Allen the year before in Visentin and he can't seem to make a save when it counts or his team really needs it. Not learning from there mistakes they go with Wedgewood and Visentin last year. If you put them side by side they both have that exact same style. Neither them is what I call a "reflex" goalie but they rely on positioning. Russia lights them up and get better goaltending when it counts again.

Really haven't had a goalie that can stand on his head or make a spectacular save in some time. I do blame the coaches though because I know they like those "safe" goalies. As opposed to a guy like Pogge or Luongo who were acrobatic but may look bad on a long shot from the red line once in a blue moon.