View Single Post
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
If Jalonen drops Pitkänen or any other obvious choice from the team, I hope that will be his last act as head coach. Like I said in my previous post, we can't afford to drop top-level guys because they can't fit the game plan. Our material simply is not good enough to do that.
Disagree, on both counts. Firstly, Even if I'm not agreeing with a coach's picks personally, he must have the right to choose and dump whoever he likes as his prerogative. He simply can't work in his best capacity if he has to make compromises due to outside pressure.

Secondly, team cohesiveness and game plan are the very things that constitute success with our national team. There's simply no success without. If we are lucky, we might get another Vancouver; the result will help save some face, but no one in their right mind can be satisfied with the hockey action seen while getting there.

But eh. Save for the general idea behind these two pointers, this is a pretty moot discussion ATM. The team is far from being named, and we don't even know if it's Jalonen or somebody else coaching. To top it off, we're arguing based on principle anyway, since I don't personally think Pitkänen's big enough a problem to deserve the snub.