View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Pyatt believes part of the reason he was able to go to New York was his post-season performance, and his experience as a member of two conference finalists in recent years. He will also be welcomed to the Big Apple by fellow Thunder Bay native Marc Staal, who’s been a standout on the Rangers blueline since breaking into the NHL in 2007. While Staal didn’t directly influence Pyatt’s decision this summer, the two have spoken in the past about potentially playing together in New York. Upon hearing about Pyatt’s signing, Staal was quick to mention how much fun it is to play in New York, and played down any rumours about it being difficult to play under mercurial head coach John Tortorella.

“Everyone I’ve talked to, they’ve all enjoyed playing for him, he’s a real intense guy but he’s real honest, he’ll never play mind games with you and I think that’s all you can ask for. Especially for a player that’s been around the league a long time, you just want a coach that’s honest with you and I’m looking forward to playing under him,” said Pyatt.
http://www.chroniclejournal.com/cont...opes-big-apple

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote