Old
07-12-2012, 02:32 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetimebluesfan View Post
Another horrible trade proposal from me.. I know, but just like to know you're thoughts. The rangers currently have Richards, anisimov, Boyle, halpern, Stepan, and Casey wellman (connecticut player) on their depth chart at center. Could a guy like Brian Boyle be acquired with a draft pick? He could fill our third line center hole.
I don't see the Rangers moving him, honestly. He's their go-to center in the defensive zone, and he does a great job in that role. IMO, the Rangers would have to undervalue him significantly to let him go for what I would consider to be a "reasonable" return. If Gaustad netted a first at the deadline, then the Rangers would have every right to expect that and more for two full years of Boyle.

If the Blues had him as their 3rd line center, I wouldn't complain. His offensive tools are a bit more limited than what I would ideally like to see with the wingers he would be playing with, but he brings an awful lot to the table beyond that and I think he would fit in well with Hitchcock's system.