View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 02:36 PM
TUCKER 06

vCash: 500
The best game I ever played in isn't necessarily the best game I've personally played, but I had an absolute blast.

It was a Make-A-Wish Foundation tourny a friend set-up for a school project. The last game of the tournament we were rolling 3 fwd lines and 3 defense pairings against a really good team. I was on a line with my brother and one of my best friends (who also happens to be my brother's brother-in-law). We don't get to play together very often, so this was special on its own.

I rung one off the post, BIG time (CLANG!). My bro caught a behind the net pass, came out to the faceoff circle and shot. It ended up bouncing off the goalies shoulder, high into the air and then into the net. Then on a 2 on 1 rush with my buddy, the D man put his stick down to try to take away the passing lane and I sauced it right over his stick, onto my buddies tape and he put it away to take the lead in the 2nd period. The feeling of playing (& playing well) on a line with two people like that can't be equaled. I think you could hear us celebrating both goals we scored in the warm seating area we yelled so loud!

Anyway we were probably the most effective line on our team, due in part to some of our stronger players being matched with weaker players on the other lines, but we accounted for 2 of the 5 goals we got, dug in the corners, got in the gritty areas and came out of the game +2.

The game was a 5-5 tie and went into OT. We lost in the last 30 seconds, but it was a great battle throughout.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote