View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
I think he doesn't play Vanek enough, overworks one goalie for long stretches without real foresight and commitment to a schedule, gifts ice time to players who don't deserve it, preaches a physical restraint that only emphasizes the team's lack of size and aggression, disrupts team chemistry by constantly dismantling the lines, puts slumping players too often on fourth lines where they neither have the chance to succeed nor provide the energy you need from fourth liners, can't coach a power play for the life of him, and probably (judging by player comments) has inspired some recalcitrance within the locker room from his players in recent years.

His system seems neither particularly brilliant nor particularly futile - its most distinguishing feature is activating the D a lot, which has its benefits and detriments. Our D is fairly mobile and offensively competent, so that's fine. But for all of the above reasons, I'd rather see him let go and see if new blood can't get better results. I kind of see his tenure as reaching the point where it's like the quote "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote