Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Palushaj 1yr 2way
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Timing matters, though. Out of camp, I don't think there's much chance he'd be claimed. Sooooooo many players on waivers at the same time, and teams have just spent months crafting their lineup and assembling their internal depth options... that's not the time anybody is going to claim Palushaj. Mid-season is a different story, however.
very true...

although isn't that how we lost Beauchemin (and hainsey?).

Put it this way, if you were working for a front office, and knew that every season teams will have 1-2 players that are/might be ready for NHL duty, but lose out in the numbers game for that particular team, wouldn't you have a board with all of the borderline players league-wide that may hit waivers, ranked based on both team needs/player assessment?

I'm sure that some, if not all, teams in the league have something of this nature set up, question is how highly does Palushaj rank on any of these lists...

I can think of 3-4 teams where, as of today, he could quite easily end up being a full-time fit for the coming season (assuming he came into camp in great shape and having had another quality summer of training under his belt... which all indications about palushaj point to).

It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up with him... but unless we make 1-2 significant top-9 additions btw now and camp, I won't be surprised to see him earn an opening day roster spot with us.

even if guys like Leblanc/Gallagher are slightly better than him at camp, as long as the gap is minimal, it would make sense to start him with the big club and let the younger, waiver-elligible guys get more seasoning in Hamilton.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote