Old
07-12-2012, 06:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I dont think it's unreasonable for Voracek to be a 20-40-60 player in the near future if not next season.

Given that he'll be signed for around $4m give or take, it doesnt make sense to give up Voracek + other significant asset(s) for a 35-35-70 player.

If it were straight up or with the addition of a 2nd or a Nick Cousins type prospects, I dont think anybody would hold back. But we know Anaheim will not be trading Ryan for that type of a deal, so it's not worth it to trade Voracek+Read+1st or Voracek+Laughton+1st or any other variation of that trade for Ryan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I like Voracek for a lot of reasons. He has been very solid defensively which has been a huge problem for us. He has some amazing speed, puck carrying and passing abilities. One of my favorite things about him is his ability to get the offense going since he can carry the puck into the zone by himself with those skills I stated previously. He seemed to be one of the best players on the ice every time he took a shift in the playoffs.

I just think that he has skills that are not easily replaceable. I'm not saying that Ryan doesn't have great talent as well. But I do not want to lose what Voracek brings to the table

Edit: Ryan is also one of my favorite non-flyers including Gagne and Richards
Maybe I don't see what you guys are seeing. I think Voracek is a good player, but he is not on the same level as Bobby Ryan and I am not convinced he ever reaches that. Being a 60 point defensively responsible player is good for sure, and some day Voracek might get there. But Bobby Ryan is a 30+ goal, 60+ point guy now who is not as bad defensively as many make him out to be (at least according to Ducks fans) and still has time to grow, despite his advanced age of 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
I'm confident playing with Giroux he can hit 30 goals in the future.
Bobby Ryan could do that now.