View Single Post
Old
07-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I just hate the mindset on this board that if a prospect doesn't have top line potential, he isn't worth spending anytime developing or increasing their trade value. You need all kinds of players to fill an nhl roster, with a lot of different roles. Palushaj has good tools to be a decent top 9 player, but we'll never know if he can if people keep writing him off and if the team doesn't give him a chance to show what he can do.

I agree with KrissE, I hope he gets a chance with Eller.
What do you see in him that we don't. Gritty, physical? No. Skilled? That's a matter of opinion. Does he have a great defensive mind like players such as Halpern? Maybe, maybe not. I think the role of a Halpern, you get better at it with age. So if Palushaj has to be that then it's only gonna in 10 years maybe? Guys have to have roles, they have to pick their chair and fill it. You cannot have "maybe" players in the NHL anymore. I thought we didn't want anymore Yan Bullis types, guys "in-between" with some talent but not offering anymore with the Habs. That era is over. So if Palushaj has to be a Hab, he has to be good at something, he has to shine in one particular domain. Hopefully he will find it but I don't know what it is.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote