: Value of:
3rd Line Center to Vancouver
View Single Post
07-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Originally Posted by
Did you watch last season? Ebbet DID get 2nd/3rd line time when Kessler was out. Lappy maybe but right now he's our #3 and is better suited there. Manny has no place near the top 6 or even top 9 for that matter and why would AV use Higgins at C over a natural C in Ebbet.
I'll say again. Ebbett is the leading candidate. Unless Schroeder has a wicked camp.
1. It's Kesler*
2. Ebbett did not see top 6 time. At least not to start a game.
3. Lapierre did see top 6 time a lot last season, making him the second best option (next to Schroeder)
4. I agree that Manny has no business in the top 6, but if he regains any of his ability over this off season, it's a better option then Ebbett.
5. It's Ebbett*
6. Ebbett normally doesn't even start for the Canucks if the lineup is healthy at all, and probably won't even play at the beginning of this year with Kesler out.
7. Higgins is way more skilled then Ebbett, and has had some success at center.
8. Bringing Ebbett in the lineup means taking out someone with more ability (Kassian, Weise, Malhotra) Which is not worth it.
And finally, Schroeder is the best option ATM because he is the most naturally skilled out of the bunch and if he has a solid camp at all, he will likely have the spot for the time being Kesler is out. Remember Hodgson? How he got his chance and rocked it?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by keslerburrows