View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Unless we're very unlucky, we should be fine to start the season. We, at this time, have 8 defensemen available to play in the NHL. I'm personally still high on Weber. I hope he can turn things around this next season.

My point is, if given some time, we should have a lot of depth in the AHL. Subban came in as an injury replacement in his first season in the AHL. I believe Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis can do the same thing if needed. So no, I don't think we need depth. Of course, I think those guys in the AHL need to play at least 20-30 games before getting a call up, but if our luck isn't so bad, they should get that time to develop. Plus, we already have St-Denis and Nash as "temporary fixes" if needed.

My prediction is this: we will have some injuries. Diaz and/or Weber (or maybe St-Denis or Nash) will get some extra ice time because of it and cement their place in the line-up. If that doesn't work, one of our AHL "big three" will get a call-up and stick in the NHL afterwards.

I'm almost certain that before the end of the season, one of those three guys will have made the team permanently.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote