View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I disagree. That was the downfall of this team last year. We had too many young guys on D and Price could not cover all of their mistakes.

We have defensive depth.......Weber and Diaz. And they need to remain depth in Hamilton. Kaberle is too expensive to be considered depth but he is not an ideal DMan for this team. So we are stuck with Kaberle unless he is traded.

The Habs need an experienced and solid DMan added before the season starts. I would be pleased as hell if Bergy signed Carlo Colaiacovo.
The downfall last year wasn't really the defense, it was the PP. If we had the same efficiency as the previous years, we'd have been pretty much around where we've been these past year, in the mid-pack.
Defense was lacking a solid top 4, that's for sure, not denying that, but I think our poor PP and our lack of production up front were more key factors as to why we struggled.
But our true downfall was appointing RC as HC. He had absolutely no clue on how to coach this club.

In any event, I'm not going to disagree that we'd benefit from a top 4 solid D. But as for the youngsters, they are a year older, a year more mature, and hopefully a year stronger. Kids get better. Hopefully they will too.
If Diaz and Emelin follow their progression, I'm not as worried as last year. If Markov gets back into better shape, then that is a huge bonus as well.
I'm looking at next year as a transitional one, so I don't mind leaving more room for youngsters.

Last edited by Kriss E: 07-13-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote