Thread: Proposal: Give Plekanec a chance?
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 09:03 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think the problem is that Plekanec has not only been carrying out the big assignments, but he's also had to drag some linemates along. He had to revive Gionta early in the year. He was given the cold wingers and guys like AK-Cammy were taken off his wing at times. Not to mention, every time one of them suffered an injury, Plekanec was given grinders.
So, I think fatigue, both physical and mental, has more to do with it than injury.

I know I'd be absolutely fed up of having to always deal with the problem wingers.
I don't agree with that...Ak-Cammy were taken off Plekanec's wings because they weren't producing as a line, curiously, both Cammy & AK played better with Desharnais & Eller, then they did with Plekanec.

I agree that all those heavy minutes have probably caught up to Plekanec...but he's not without blame either.

The very notion of this thread, 'to give Plekanec a chance', is kind of silly considering no other forward saw as much time on the ice as Plekanec last year in all situations.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote