View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 09:35 AM
RKC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
OJ would be an asset, true. But if Granlund can't centre a line, in my lineup you can also solve that problem by simply switching him and Flip around.

I don't get this. Okay, does it look as good on paper as those of our main competitors? No. But is it still very solid, elite-level squad? Yes. Can we afford any injuries to that particular seven though? No.
I like Filppula at wing, suits his playing style better than center IMO.

In theory it looks good enough, but there's a ton of question marks surrounding that group. 1,5 years is a long time for those older guys. Timonen will probably slow down a bit, but should still be a leader in that group. It's Salo who has me really worried. Not necessarily the fastest guy around to start with, and he has already lost a step during past few years and at 38 year old is not getting any younger. Injuries aren't helping either.

Vatanen is not a sure thing either. Great prospect, but can we count on him being able to play his game effectively at the Olympic level so soon? Väänänen has spent some time in the NHL, but how will he handle the NHL opponents after all those years in Europe and SM-liiga?

Timonen, Pitkänen and Lydman are dependable, and it's extremely important that these guys are injury-free and fit, because they are going to play a lot in this tournament.