Thread: Proposal: Give Plekanec a chance?
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't agree with that...Ak-Cammy were taken off Plekanec's wings because they weren't producing as a line, curiously, both Cammy & AK played better with Desharnais & Eller, then they did with Plekanec.

I agree that all those heavy minutes have probably caught up to Plekanec...but he's not without blame either.

The very notion of this thread, 'to give Plekanec a chance', is kind of silly considering no other forward saw as much time on the ice as Plekanec last year in all situations.
Well, in the same curious manner, Plekanec had no problem producing himself. He didn't have a problem putting up points, as usual, next to Cammy and AK.

I'm not saying Plek is without fault. I'm saying the reason you think he seems to have shied away from physical play is more likely fatigue.

He started last year strong, as always, with 21pts in 25gp. He gathered 25pts in 32gp, and then RC was placed as coach. The flipflopping became quite ridiculous at that point, and Plekanec was slowly turned into a 3rd center. Being used as a shutdown center more than anything and given poor wingers.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote