Thread: Value of: Scott Gomez
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I wasn't offering leino anyways, just stating that right now leino has more value then Gomez. I think you actually missed the point of my post, which was to put up a model of what a deal would look like in the event that Gomez was traded, making a comparison to the deal that moved Ales Kotilik to Buffalo last year:

To Buffalo:
Robyn Regehr
Ales Kotilik
2nd Rd Pick (cgy)

To Calgary:
Butler
Byron

Pretty much the same sort of deal, in which you guys are getting a couple of project players for a player of some (not a TON) value, a pick, and a player of negative value. I think that is the only real way to move a bad contract these days....not by sending back another contract just as bad...otherwise what is the point of getting rid of him in the first place...or a trade for the sake of trades.

Again, I wasn't really making a proposal for him, just giving an example of what kind of deal you would see involving Gomez. Which is basically what the OP was asking for.
Thing is, I wouldn't see that deal being made from habs POV at all. I understand "that's what it would take" or whatever, but even then, I personally don't vlaue Leino a lot.

IMO, "what it would take" to dump goes is indeed a lot more simple than people think. He'll be sent to minors. Isn't that all it really takes? Fixing a problem with another problem doesn't solve anything really so I question why it's even in the discussion.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote