View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The bottom four don't inspire me but in a league of 30 teams and a cap you won't find eight solid Dmen anywhere.
Personally, I'd much rather give Diaz time to develop his defensive game than to ice an Eminger or a Cola...Colai... I'm not typing that name.

From what Blues fans are saying, he was rather terrible down the stretch and he was causing a lot of turnovers. I get the whole "Diaz is redundant", but he could improve, and he could play a sound defensive game. Isn't that what really matter in the end? Toughness is fine, but if it means adding a liability on the ice, I'm not on board.

As for Hannan, I think there's a reason why he hasn't signed yet. I don't think he can keep up with the pace of the game anymore. I'll admit that I don't know much about his more recent performances though.

But again, when I read that list of names, I just don't understand why we would sacrifice a Weber, a Diaz or a St-Denis to get one of those guys. We have better in our system. It would be, at best, a lateral move IMO.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote