View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
I think Kane would be a good fit on Montreal, especially since he is friends with Subban. That offer sheet would be matched in a heartbeat. The problem is that Winnipeg is thin on the LW so any trade would have to address this. Ironically Montreal is also thin on left wing. I think the only way Montreal gets Kane is to trade Pacman straight up for him. Not sure this would be a good or popular trade. Maybe Eller, one of Beaulieu or Tinordi, if the Jets are fearful of losing Enstrom/Hainsey, and draft picks might get it done, but I doubt it would compete with other offers.
Does any one know what the new compensation rates are for this year?

I wouldn't offer $5 million for Kane, if I was offering an offersheet it would be somewhere around $6.5 million on a 4 year deal, plus making him UFA at the end just to be the cherry on top.

Kessel got $5.4 for 5 years three years ago and I'd rather have Kane than Kessel and with inflation, $6.5 million sounds right to me.

It would be tough to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd but that would make it tough for Winnipeg to turn it down. With him in the line-up we'd be a lot better than we were last year, that's for sure.