View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
The problem though is that you already have Emelin playing top 4 minutes when he hasn't shown he is capable of handling that.

So if one of Subban, Markov, Gorges go down, you have 2 of Emelin, Diaz, Weber, Kaberle playing 20+ minutes a night, with the 3rd one and Bouillon getting upped to 18 minutes a night.
Again, most team would be stuck in a similar situation.

We're getting way ahead of ourselves though. Every year I've watched the Canadiens, the team evolved a lot over the year. Nobody had Kaberle penciled in the line-up at the beginning of last season. I think that what is most likely going to happen is that one or two player will be traded/sent down/claimed on waivers, a Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Nash or St-Denis will be called-up and become a fixture, play very well and become a fixture on the Habs' blue line. That's just a prediction though.

All I'm saying is, a lot of things can happen during a season. We have plenty of guys capable of handling minutes in the NHL. We just have to hope that one or many of them can rise up to the occasion and become a big time player if we need him to be.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess the Kaberle example is pretty much what everyone is saying: go get a dman that fixes a team's problem. I personally am not in favor of this approach. Most of those "big guys that can clear the net" that have been mentioned so far have other glaring weaknesses in their game. What's the point of getting a guy to clear up the front of the net if he's going to get beat in other ways?

Last edited by Gabe84: 07-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote