View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

vCash: 500
I like Ben Holmstrom and Eric Wellwood. Who says we need to go into October with 30+ year old 4th liners? Give our young grinders a chance before throwing one-way deals at guys like Jason Arnott. I'd much rather have guys on two-way contracts that can be sent down if they don't perform.

4th liners are usually always available during the season. Notable grinders who changed teams throughout the 2011-12 season: Ryan Carter, Dave Steckel, Dale Weise, Eric Nystrom, Blake Comeau, Nodl, Klinkhammer, Barch, Gilbert Brule, Colton Gillies, Brandon Yip and that's not mentioning any deadline deals. 4th and 3rd liners don't need to be a priority especially when we have a talented top-9 and depth players in Talbot, Fedotenko, Wellwood, Rinaldo and the previously mentioned Ben Holmstrom along with other AHL'ers like Harry Z. Scott Laughton and Nick Cousins are long-term options for our bottom-6 but we definitely have some solid defensive forwards in the pipeline.

---

This season and going onto next season, we need to address the defense. The forwards have room to grow and I would only add another high-end winger if our young guns slump. A #1 defensemen, if Chris Pronger is done, should be top priority. Instead of wasting assets on Bobby Ryan I'd much rather waste those assets on a defensemen (Enstrom would be who I would target - trade for and then extend like Grossmann). Timonen can still move the puck but not for much longer and we don't have any bonafide top-4 guys in our pipeline.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote