Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign Paul Postma (1 year, $550k)
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
I don't see how us signing Postma to a contract makes any difference on whether or not he makes the team this year.

He was an RFA and needed a contract, period. We weren't going to let him walk, so he was always going to get a contract.

As for the 1 way vs. 2 way angle, I'd imagine he's getting a 1 way due to 2 factors, if he makes the team he's not going to get sent down as he would never clear. So in that vein a 2 way contract makes no sense. Second, he might have been given a 1 way contract as a reward for his play, and as a good will gesture from the org.

As far as being sent down to St. John's, we all know he wouldn't clear, but I believe that teams can send someone down if it's X days before the end of training camp (don't remember what X is). So the Jets could still get him to St. Johns if he's sent down before that point, and he would be rewarded with the 500k. I don't believe he would be exposed if he was then brought up at some point in the season (correct me if I'm wrong), but once up, he would be staying up.

Thoughts?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote