View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I think he understands the needs to the team pretty well.

He's won trades and lost trades and some are washes.

Drafting has been decent...but not outstanding. I keep getting the feelings he's trying to find the next Suter and Weber duo...and he might. But in my honest opinion, taking Pouliot with the #8 was a mistake. This teams great need going into the draft was a high end forward. Taking another d-prospect with Forsberg and Grigs on the table, was a mistake IMHO and I'm betting in a couple years we will come to regret it.

Not a chance we could trade Pouliot for a high end forward prospect...and with the log jam we have, I don't see Pouliot making a huge splash. Getting Dumoulin in that trade made Pouliot a mistake. Despres, Morrow, Harrington, Dumoulin, Strait, Bortz, Sneep...then looking at the forwards...it was not needed. Forsberg would have filled a hole quite nicely possibily immediately or certainly in the future. Same with Grigs...though I liked Forsberg better. We might end up regretting that one...I would certainly feel better if we had him given our situation right now.

I still believe he can work magic though
I don't think we would need to trade Pouliot or Maatta necessarily. We could trade one of the guys who is in the NHL ahead of them because we have guys like Pouliot and Maatta ready to replace them. Players need NHL experience to get a Goligoski type return. So not only should we have a long stream of cheap defensemen, we could potentially trade them as they gain value and we still have guys available to replace them.