View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 09:54 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
It's not homerism, it's expectations. 2011 was a fun year. So was last year. I'm a realist, the Rangers aren't the Yankees, not the Giants, but at the same time they're not the Blue Jackets or Royals. They're not blessed like the Canadians with historic good luck or regional drafting advantages, or have the NHL in love with them like the Penguins. Maybe one day they have a dynasty (my friends and I all joke this will start the year after the last one of us has passed), but probably not.

Some seasons are a lot of fun for various reasons; a rookie comes up you love, you win the Division and get a banner, it's the birth of wha will hopefully be a championship team.

The ultimate goal is to win a Championship of course, but you can be entertained and enjoy a season. There were many seasons I personally enjoyed more than 1997 that they didn't go as far.

I'd love to have more championships but a Championship, two President's Trophies, Four Division Titles, and five trips to the ECF in my lifetime isn't horrible.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote