Thread: Confirmed with Link: Diaz signs 2 year deal with Montreal
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 10:04 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Not sure I agree with that. He's been in our organization longer than but already lost his spot to Subban (two years ago) and then Emelin and Diaz (last year).
Apples and oranges.

Dmen take longer to develop. Emelin is 2 years older and had a lot of seasoning in the 2nd best league in the world. Diaz is also 2 years older.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say he got beaten by Subban for a spot. Subban is already one of the best dman in the league and has been truly exceptional since his first shift in the NHL.

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that in the last two years, when we were looking for someone to help the PP (his bread and butter), he couldn't fill the role and we had to go out and get Wisniewski, Campoli and Kaberle.

I want Weber to succeed, but he's running out of chances. He's still young but it's a make-or-break time for him; we have to decide if he's worth investing in or move on, kind of like O'Byrne a couple of years ago.
As I said earlier, I don't have much trust in the previous regime's way of handling young players.

All you have to do is look back to Martin's comments at the beginning of last season. Hard for them to develop any confidence with Martin laying the blame at their feet continually, unjustly at times might I add.

I have hope that JJD will whip that D into form and have them playing to their strength and we'll see what Weber can do in a different atmosphere.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote