View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 10:50 PM
KeepitinPitt

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Overall I like Ray. He's made some great trades and overall he drafts good prospects. Sure, I think his obsession with d-men is borderline creepy but I can live with it, since at the very least, the players he picks are solid prospects. My biggest complaint with him was this past draft when he passed on Grigs, Forsberg and Teravainen for Pouliot, but we'll see how that turns out in the long run. And I don't even have an issue with Pouliot as a player. I'm just worried that we aren't going to get full value for some of these guys when the time comes to trade them, simply because they won't be able to prove themselves NHL because of the ridiculous amount of depth we have, but again, we'll see.

Also, this isn't bashing him in the least but I wish he would have taken flyers on Kabanov, Pulkkinen and Frk as well. But they were deemed very high risk at the time, so I'm not going to hold it against him. Just my personal preference. If we aren't going to take wingers in the first round, why not swing for the fences later on?

That said, guys like Marcantuoni, Uher, Zlobin and some of the college forwards we drafted have me hopeful including Bennett, although I was dissapointed in his lack of physicality his freshman year, I've heard that has changed drastically. So consider me back on the Beau bandwagon. I'm becoming more optimistic that there's a gem or two in there somewhere.