View Single Post
Old
07-13-2012, 11:20 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
Big Diamondback fan here. Just wondering have any of you guys heard about the team doing anything at the deadline? Upton has been mentioned but I doubt he's going anywhere.

The 2 guys i suspect that will move are Chris Young and Stephen Drew. Parra would take over CF and Bloomquist/McDonald could play SS.

I see the needs of the team being 3rd Baseman and a better bullpen.

Bauer is an unreal pitcher, wish i lived as close to the team as you guys do, so i could watch a game of his live.
I love Drew, his swing is so natural, he's a born baseball player. He is too expensive for us though. We are paying him a ton of money already, and unfortunately for him he got injured or he would be producing like no other right now. I think we see him moving at the deadline though. I think the Dbacks would have liked to have him back sooner, so other teams could see how well he bounced back from that injury.

I don't think CY goes, you can't replace his leadership in the outfield defensively. He is a machine in CF, and can get to most any ball hit out there. While at times his bat struggles, I can't replace his defense.

We do need a 3rd baseman, but then again, we have Roberts/Bloomquist sharing dates if Drew is our everyday SS, and they have been doing just fine offensively. I'm proud of Roberts, he has really improved on his throwing from 3rd-1st.

I honestly think this team might be kind of quiet at the deadline. This team is underperforming from what we can do, and shaking up the team might help, but for the most part it's a lack of consistency that's hurting the Diamondbacks.