Thread: Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Jamie McGinn (2 years, $3.5M)
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
OK fair enough guys, but your also using such a small snippet of his career, and a small part in time to judge what he's going to be like in the long haul.

That's a big call is all I am saying. Look at his stats throughout his career, and his play-off series, BUT, Foppagirl makes a great point about his utilisation in San Jose.

Just remember guys, people are sitting him on our Stazz / Jones line - and are calling him a top line player now. Comparitively speaking, you have to look at the talent divide of our then top line compared to others.

Example, these two first up groups are on the ice against each other (I'm assuming The Penguins do pick up Semin like the reports are saying):-

Neal - Crosby - Semin
Letang - Martin / Niskanen / Orpik
Fleury

vs.

Mcginn - Stastny - Jones
Johnson - ????? (Hejda/Hunwick/Zanon)
Varlamov

To be the best, you have to beat the best guys - and I see our divide is pretty broad. I mean, Mcginn and Jones both got 37 points last year guys - 37 !!
But aren't you doing the same with Mueller? Besides his 15 games just after the trade, he has been on 41 PPG pace. In his career he has been just slightly over that pace. On the Avs' boards you are quite vocal about guys being productive after a trade and then coming back to earth...if I remember you call tht the "honeymoon". Well that pretty well what Mueller has done. Yes he has been hurt and I understand that but you also have to understand that McGinn was not put in this position to produce with the Sharks. Mueller has been put in position to succeed most of his career compare to McGinn.

Give him a chance Drizzt and I think you'll love that contract. And like other said, what is the point of being more skilled if you are never on the ice? Right?

cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote