View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 12:39 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturier Post View Post
Apparently Miami's new baseball stadium can be enclosed and theoretically support an ice rink. If the Panthers get a bankable star on their roster in the not-too-distant future I wouldn't be surprised to see a WC there, though probably not the year after next year. The WC concept is getting a little stale, but having one in a warm weather climate would be a (marketable) spectacle.
...wouldn't having it in an enclosed baseball stadium essentially defeat the concept of the winter classic? It then technically would not be outdoors, and would therefore be pretty dumb. I doubt you'll ever see any southern or warm climate teams involved in or hosting a winter classic.

Any winter classic will likely always involve one of the Flyers, Penguins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Bruins, Canadiens, Maple Leafs or Rangers. There really is no reason for the league to venture outside of those because it's a marketing ploy, and there is really no benefit, profit or business value otherwise.

I personally think it'd be cool to have a Canucks vs. Rangers winter classic in Vancouver... But I fear what would happen to the city should they lose...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote