View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Months ago, I mentioned that Semin was a bad idea for not only the Russian National team but also for an NHL team. I described him as poison.

Of course, all the Russian hockey fans came out of the woodwork and told me that I was crazy, that I knew nothing about hockey and that NHL teams would be chomping at the bit to get the Russian sniper.

Well, it is July 13th and no one wants Semin - as per Michael Tkaikos' article in today National Post refering to him as a "loser, "the ultimate coach killer" and "poison".

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...exander-semin/

So... Where are the Semin apologists now?
Semin is a good idea for the Russian national team, he actually plays well in short tournaments as he proved in the last World Championship...

82 games in an NHL season + playoffs is not up Semin's ally however as he has, from what I can tell, a love-hate relationship with the NHL. He seems to want to be an NHL player, but at the same time, he doesn't really like the NHL style of game as per his ill-fated 2008 interview re: Crosby and the NHL.

I'm not a fan of Semin..at this point I think NHL GMs are correct in offering Semin nothing longer than a year. I wouldn't offer him anything...I think Semin's best bet is to return to the KHL and be happy, lots of money tax free, easier schedule, more international games...and he won't have to see everyday the face of the NHL, Sidney Crosby.